Think you don't have a say in this issue because you're not a social worker, a special agent or a state legislator? Think again. Here are a handful of tangible and impactful ways you can make a difference. From spreading the word via film screenings and dialoguing with friends, to being a conscientious consumer, you can take ownership in combatting human trafficking.
- Rent one of the movies under the media page, and host a screening party at your house
- Run in our 3rd Annual 5k Run Against Traffick on September 7, 2013
- Join our Book Club and read this quarter's selection
- Set up a Google News alert for HT in your city so you know what's going on locally and how it impacts your community
- Follow Traffick Free on Facebook & Twitter for the most up-to-date news articles and events, and then SHARE THEM WITH OTHERS
- Call your elected officials on the state and federal levels to let them know that this is an important issue to you. As a voter (or soon-to-be voter), you have the power to demand your representatives follow an abolitionist agenda
- Be a mentor for a youth organization like Big Brothers Big Sisters or volunteer at a school. Be a role model and someone that young people should look up to while empowering them to change their world
- Flag underage sex posts on Craigslist
- Get your business or school on-board with Free To Work. Add their mobile app to your iPhone or Android phone (link on the website)
- Oppose the commercial sex industry, including prostitution, escort services, strip clubs, pornography and the "pimp n ho" culture. End the demand
- Buy Fair Trade products, and demand the Slave Free brand at Chain Store Reaction
- Volunteer with a local anti-trafficking organization; click here for local organizations that could use your help
- Keep your eyes open, and don't dismiss suspicious circumstances - if you suspect slavery or exploitation, call the National Trafficking Hotline at 888-3737-888
- Sign up for our newsletter for current opportunities
If you would rather create your own course of action, don't hesitate to contact us - it would be our privilege to help you any way that we can.